This course covers the oilfield water management with emphasis on the subsurface aspects, including.
- Producer performance with water
- Injector performance
- Water sweep in the reservoir
- A review of surface treatment of produced water and water for injection or disposal
Presentations are made in a very interactive style where participants are encouraged to think about the issues and contribute with their own experience. Participants are encouraged to bring their own water challenges for discussion in class. A field case history of the ‘Aquarius’ field is used throughout the course so that participants gain experience of hands-on analysis and design in all aspects of the water cycle.
- Reservoir and Problem Types
- Diagnostic methods
- Logging for Water Control
- Water Solutions
- Chemical Shut-off Techniques
- Mechanical Shut-off Techniques
- New technologies for water control
- Nodal analysis
- Candidate Ranking and economics
- Case Studies
Who Should attend?
This course is suitable for practicing production and reservoir engineers interested in improving the water management of fields.